Friday, October 28, 2016

Book Review #668 - Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (Twilight #1.75) by Stephenie Meyer

26874617




My Rating: 3.5/5


I went into this book really, really skeptical. I was a huge Twilight fan back in the day and it is the book series I 100% accredit to reestablishing my love for reading and introducing me to the YA genre, however, it has been years since I have last picked up a Twilight book. I actually tried to reread Twilight a few months ago and couldn't get myself to read more than a few chapters. 
First of all, I found it difficult to take this book seriously. I felt like it was hastily written to be a part of the 10th anniversary edition of Twilight. The names of the characters did not help at all with this as it was very hard to take the name Beaufort or the spelling of Edythe seriously at all. 
Plot wise, I was a little surprised how much of the original story and dialogue stayed the same. This made Beau sound very feminine and I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't Bella. 
Once I realised I shouldn't take the book as seriously as I was I actually really started to enjoy it and even though there were some plot holes in the way it finished, I was surprised with the alternate ending and it was obvious the ending was a what if scenario that the author had been thinking for a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment