Friday, October 7, 2011

Book Review #70 - If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman

Life can change in an instant. 

A cold February morning....

A snowy road....

and suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone......

Except one. 

As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all. 

My Rating: 4/5
I wasn't sure about this book before reading, given the subject matter I thought it would be more emotional than what it was - which I'm glad for. 

I don't really read that many contemporary fiction books, but I decided this one sounded  interesting enough to read, and I'm so glad I gave it a shot. 
The depth in the story and the characters especially were amazingly written. 

I normally find books with flashbacks to be confusing but the way it is written in this book makes the two time-schemes fit perfectly together. 
This is definitely one of those books that linger in your mind long after you turn the last page. 

I am definitely excited for the movie that is in talks for production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment