Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Book Review #74 - Birth of a Killer (The Saga of Larten Crepsley #1) by Darren Shan

For every vampire, the end.....is just the beginning. When terrible events force young Larten Crepsley to flee his home he finds himself alone in the world. 

Then he meets the mysterious Seba Nile, who introduces him to the ways of the vampire clan. But will Larten turn his back on humanity and join a world from which there can be no return? 

So begins the blood-soaked tale of a vampire who starts out a nobody - but who will change the world forever......



My Rating: 3.5/5

This book is the first in the prequel series to the Cirque Du Freak series which I haven't read. This book still made sense to me though, and I still enjoyed it, although I probably would have liked it more had I started the series from the beginning. This is also the first Darren Shan book I have read. 


The only things that I didn't like about the book were because I hadn't read the Cirque Du Freak series, like even after I was finished reading the book I didn't know much about the characters. 

Darren Shan's vampires are completely unique to any others I have read about, and that is probably what I liked most about this book.


I found the book slow paced, but still managed to read it in a day. I am definitely going to put the Cirque Du Freak series on my Wishlist because I am interested in learning more about these awesome characters and the world that Darren Shan has created. 











1 comment:

  1. The Cirque Du Freak series is well worth reading. It's been awhile for me, but I remember really liking it. I didn't even know about the prequel series, I'll have to check it out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete