Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Book Review #75 - The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth #1) by Stacey Kade

The Ghost:

It wasn't my fault that I was born with it all - good looks, silky blond hair, and a keen sense of what everyone else should not be wearing. My life isn't perfect, though, especially since I died. Run over by bus of band geeks - could there be a worse fate? As it turns out, yes - I'm starting to disappear, flickering in and out of existence. To top it off, the only person who can see or hear me is Will Killian, TOTAL loser boy, and he refuses to help? 

I need to get control of my afterlife, and fast, before I'm dead AND gone good. If I can get Will to talk to me, I might have a chance. But that means trusting him with my secrets......and I don't trust anyone, living or dead.

The Goth:

My mum thinks I'm crazy. My shrink wants to lock me up. Basically, my life sucks. And that was before the homecoming queen started haunting me. Alona Dare was a pain when she was alive; dead, she's even worse. 
Yeah, I can see, hear, and touch ghosts. With just a few weeks of school left, all I want to do is graduate and get out of here, find some place with less spiritual interference. But with a dead cheerleader who won't leave me alone, and a violent new ghost who wants me dead.....I'm screwed. 

Alona and I might be able to help each other....if we can stop hating each other long enough to try. Yeah, right. 
My Rating: 3.5/5

It took me three days to read this book which is longest I have taken to read a book in a long time. The reason for taking so long to read was because I found the book to be really slowly paced. 

It took me about 3/4 of the book to warm up to Alona, as I just didn't like her. I liked Will from the beginning as he was just a fun, enjoyable character to read about.

The plot doesn't have much depth, but that fact took nothing away from the amazing story that was created. 
I can't wait to read the second book in the series Queen of the Dead because I think that will be where the series develops as The Ghost and the Goth was just setting up the story and introducing you to the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment