Monday, September 3, 2012

Book Review #179 - Survive by Alex Morel

Survive

Jane is running away from everything. From the facility she’s been living in, from her pain, from her guilt, from life. She boards a plane to Montclair, New Jersey, though her destination isn’t important – she doesn’t plan to be alive when the plane lands.




Jane has devised the perfect suicide. She’ll fall asleep on the plane and never wake up. But as she’s reaching for her pills in the tiny bathroom, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black.


Jane wakes amid the charred wreckage of a plane crash on a snowy mountaintop, and discovers just one other survivor – a boy named Paul. Lost in a perilous, icy landscape, with little food and water, their chance of survival seems small. But as the pair unite against the vast wilderness, Jane discovers a reason to fight for her life.
 

 
My Rating: 4/5

 
 
I want to thank Hardie Grant Egmont Australia for sending me a copy of this book for review.
 

 
This book had an intriguing premise which is what initially drew me in.
 

 
I found this book to be really fast paced and read it in a very short space of time. At times though, it did feel rushed and lacked depth.
 

 
With there only being two characters for the majority of the book, those characters are very important and for the most part I did like them. I would have liked them to have had more depth though. 


The book had alot of action and alot of suspense and I would recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment