Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review #257 - Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil

Life in Outer Space

Sam Kinnison is a geek, and he’s totally fine with that. He has his horror movies, his nerdy friends, World of Warcraft – and until Princess Leia turns up in his bedroom, he doesn’t have to worry about girls.

Then Sam meets Camilla. She’s beautiful, friendly and completely irrelevant to his life. Sam is determined to ignore her, except that Camilla has a life of her own – and she’s decided that he’s going to be part of it.

Sam believes that everything he needs to know he can learn from the movies ... but now it looks like he’s been watching the wrong ones.
 
 
My Rating: 5/5
 
 
I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont Australia.


I always love to read a really good book in early January as it sets the benchmark for the quality of books I hope to read in the year. This is that book.
 
 
The characters were my favourite aspect. This was because they were so vividly portrayed, and not just the main characters. This is probably the first book I have ever read where I don't have a favourite character, because I loved them all.
 
 
I really enjoyed all the film references as I am a movie buff like Sam.
 
 
I was also surprised that the author's only other published works were picture books as her writing was really engaging.

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover! This book sounds really cute! I can't wait to read it!
    Great review! ^-^

    ReplyDelete