Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Review #263 - A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

A Kiss in Time

Talia fell under a spell...Jack broke the curse.


I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic...

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels...The good news: My parents will freak!


Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?
 
 
My Rating: 4/5


I didn't expect to like this book as much as Beastly but there were aspects in this book that I thought were superior.


I didn't completely connect with either of the two main characters. They both seemed better whilst they were together. When they were apart Talia came across as spoilt and Jack as arrogant.


The plot at first I thought was unrealistic and I was thinking that I wasn't going to like it. Once the characters travel back to Miami, that was when I started to become immursed in the story.


The only part of the book that I didn't really like was the ending. It felt a little rushed and seemed too perfect.


Compared to Beastly, I thought this book had a lot more action and adventure involved. There was a broader range of locations used which helped.



3 comments:

  1. Great review! I hadn't heard of this one, but I have read Beastly!

    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review. Thanks for being so honest about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete