Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Review #258 - Outside In by Chrissie Keighery

Outside In

The cool group at school is not as luminous as it seems. Sure they appear to have it all, but there are problems lurking just below the surface.
Beautiful Jordan is struggling to cope because of her newly divorced parents, Meredith covers her past by playing the clown, Cecilia hides her feelings and a shameful secret, Sam is growing up, and Jack is caught off-guard when he falls in love for the first time. And then there's someone else. She's not part of the group. The others have no idea she's there. But she knows that there are cracks. She watches them from the inside, out. From the outside, in.
My Rating: 3/5
I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont Australia.
I really wanted to like this book more than what I actually did. I was liking it at first, but the continual changing of point of view made it impossible for me to connect with any of the characters.
This book covers realistic issues which would be relatable for anyone reading who has been through any of them. Because of this I can see others are going to love this a lot more than I did.
I did like the writing style though and so I am hoping I will like the author's other book Whisper which I am planning on reading next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment