Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Book Review #261 - The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
 
They gave Chloe Saunders her power.
Now they want to take it back. Big mistake

Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately she happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. Now she and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are fighting for survival against the evil corporation that created them.

 
As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I liked this book a lot more than The Awakening, however The Summoning remains my favourite book of the series.
 
 
This book had a lot of action and adventure which was mostly found in the second half of the book.
 
 
I was not able to connect with Derek. He was my least favourite of the main characters. Chloe was the only character that I fully connected with. I had mixed feelings with Simon and Tori.
 
 
The love aspect, I felt just came out of nowhere. It wasn't that there was no build up to it or anything, I just failed to feel the chemistry between the two of them.
 
 
What I did like about the romance aspect was that it was not a dominant aspect and was more in the background.
 
 
The ending seemed a it abrupt, like it was leaving the door open for another book, however it was my favourite part of the entire book.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great read. i should really give this series a go. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete