Monday, January 21, 2013

Book Review #266 - Picnic At Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay

Picnic At Hanging Rock (Popular Penguin)

In 1900, a class of young women from an exclusive private school go on an excursion to the isolated Hanging Rock, deep in the Australian bush. The excursion ends in tragedy when three girls and a teacher mysteriously vanish after climbing the rock. Only one girl returns, with no memory of what has become of the others...
My Rating: 2/5
I have been aware of this book for as long as I can remember. It is one of the most popular Australian books and so I am really disappointed that I didn't like this book as much as I was expecting to.
The main issue I had with this book was the writing style. I found the language used was really old-fashioned and I had a hard time interpreting it at times.
Another issue I had was character development. At the end of the novel I found I didn't really care for any of the characters nor did I remember hardly any of their names.

No comments:

Post a Comment