Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Book Review #239 - Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl #1) by Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl #1)

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep--sometimes with each other.

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...

You know you love me,
gossip girl

 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I have never seen the TV show that is adapted from this book so I entered into the Gossip Girl world for the first time.
 
 
The first thing I found was that it was a lot trashier than what I had expected.
 
 
There were a lot of main characters and it took me to the end of the book to connect with all of them.
 
 
The only problem I had with this book was that it lacked depth. There were more descriptions about what the characters were wearing or eating rather than the characters themselves.
 
 
Also, considering this book is set in New York a lot more could have been done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment