Monday, December 17, 2012

Book Review #247 - Mage's Blood (Moontide Quartet #1) by David Hair

Mage's Blood (Moontide Quartet, #1)
Most of the time the Moontide Bridge lies deep below the sea, but every 12 years the tides sink and the bridge is revealed, its gates open for trade.


The Magi are hell-bent on ruling this new world, and for the last two Moontides they have led armies across the bridge on 'crusades' of conquest.

Now the third Moontide is almost here and, this time, the people of the East are ready for a fight ... but it is three seemingly ordinary people that will decide the fate of the world.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5


I received this book for review from Pan MacMillan Australia.


Given that this is one of the longest books I have ever read I can't believe I finished it in only two days.


The book starts off slowly and I was confused at first with the geographical layout and the amount of characters that were continuously being introduced.


However, once I was able to distinguish between the characters it sped up in pace and I found it more free flowing.


The book can be graphic at times with sex and violence and so would not be something I would recommend for younger readers.


The book ended with so many cliff-hangers (especially Elena's) and so I can't wait to read the second book The Scarlet Tides.


No comments:

Post a Comment