Friday, December 7, 2012

Book Review #241 - Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse

Rockoholic

She's got it bad, and he ain't good -- he's in her garage?

"I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me..."

Gonna have to face it: Jody's addicted to Jackson Gatlin, frontman of The Regulators, and after her best bud Mac scores tickets, she's front and center at his sold-out concert. But when she gets mashed in the moshpit and bodysurfs backstage, she's got more than a mild concussion to deal with. By the next morning, the strung-out rock star is coming down in her garage. Jody -- oops -- kind of kidnapped him. By accident. With a Curly Wurly candy bar. And now he doesn't want to leave.

It's a rock-star abduction worthy of an MTV reality series...but who got punk'd?!
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I went into this book with low expectations, probably because the premise sounds pretty unrealistic.
 
 
Jody was a character that I warmed up to as the story progressed. At first I didn't like her as she was really selfish and too obsessed with Jackson.
 
 
This book was full of characters that I really loved like Jody's grandfather and Mac's baby sister Cree.
 
 
The only character that I never really liked was Jackson. I can sympathise with his reasoning but he wasn't a very nice person at all.
 
 
The plot was really original, fast paced, light and fun. I also think this book would make a good movie.
 
 
I really liked the pop culture references used. They varied from E.T to One Direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment