Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #16


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week features a different topic, and you make a top ten list about it.
 
 
 
This weeks topic is the top ten new to me authors of 2012.
 
 
1. Amanda Hocking - I read the first two books of the Watersong series and still need to read her more popular Trylle Trilogy.
 
 
2. Maggie Stiefvater - I read The Raven Boys but still need to read her Shiver Trilogy.
 
 
3. Julie Kagawa - I read The Immortal Rules but still need to read her Iron Fey Series.
 
 
4. Myra McEntire - I read Hourglass and Timepiece and really loved them.
 
 
5. Kody Keplinger - I read the DUFF and can't wait to read her other books.
 
 
6. Stephanie Perkins - I read Anna and the French Kiss and can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door.
 
 
7. Rick Riordan - I can't believe it has taken me this long to start the Percy Jackson series.
 
 
8. David Levithan - I read quite a few of his books this year and loved every single one of them.
 
 
9. Laurie Halse Anderson - I read Speak and I hear that her other books are just as good.
 
 
10. Simone Elkeles - I read four of her books this year and will probably read the rest next year.

5 comments:

  1. Second list I've seen with Rick Riordan! The kids at my school love the series. Maybe I'll get a chance to read them over Christmas.
    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I love David Levithan's books (Every Day was amazing), and I'm looking forward to the Stephanie Perkins books I just picked up at the library. Happy reading!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie Halse Anderson and Stephanie Perkins are on my list, too. I loved Speak by Anderson, and I have no idea why it took my so long to finally read it. Actually, I do know why. I think I was nervous because I knew what it was about. I wasn't sure if Speak would be too sad for me, but it wasn't. I mean, of course there were parts where I teared up, but I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read authors #6,8, & 9. And to make you feel better, I haven't even started the Percy Jackson series ..one day, one day.

    Have a Merry Chrismtas! --New follower.

    ReplyDelete