Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Review #255 - The Awakening (Darkest Powers #2) by Kelley Armstrong

The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
You don't have to be alive to be awakened.

Chloe Saunders is a living science experiment--not only can she see ghosts, but she was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. She's a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control, which means she can raise the dead without even trying. Now Chloe's running for her life with three of her supernatural friends--a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch--and they have to find someone who can help them before the Edison Group catches them.

Or die trying.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I didn't like this book as much as the first one. As I can't really pin point why that was it was probably because I read it over Christmas and so it took me longer to read than usual.
 
 
The only thing that I liked in this book more than the first was the location. The first one is only set in Lyle House whereas this book was set with them on the run so there was more variety.
 
 
The characters all developed to a degree. More so than some. Derek came out of his shell a bit and Tori's background was revealed.
 
 
There was less focus on their supernatural powers in this book and more on them being chased by the Edison Group which I would have liked to have seen their powers develop more.
 
 
I am excited to read the final book in the trilogy so all the unanswered questions will finally be answered.

 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot of good things about this series! I think it's about time I added it to my TBR :) Great review.

    I hope you've had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has gotten a lot of nice reviews, as has the first book in the series. It's about time I put it on my TBR as well!

    I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete