Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Book Review #120 - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.



My Rating: 4/5


I really liked the premise of this book as it seemed unique and different to anything I had previously read.

Mara as a protagonist was okay. She wasn't perfect but she didn't annoy me that much. I really liked her family though.

The plot was dark, twisted and cryptic at times.

You never feel like Mara is going insane because you're feeling and seeing everything that she is.

I definitely will be reading the next book in series, just to see if I can discover what is going on.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, I definitely wondered about Mara. Not everything seemed to add up and it wouldn't be the first book with an unreliable narrator especially with that ending!

    ReplyDelete