Monday, May 28, 2012

Book Review #137 - Wings (Wings #1) by Aprilynne Pike

Wings (Wings,  #1)

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pal things. They were terrifyingly beautiful - too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.


Laurel's life is the very definition of normal...until the morning when she wakes up to discover a flower blooming from her back. As it turns out, nothing in Laurel's life is what it seems. Now, with the help of an alluring faerie sentry who holds the key to her true past, Laurel must race to save her human family from the centuries-old faerie enemies who walk among them.


My Rating: 4/5


I was a little hesitant to read this book because I had read alot of negative reviews about it. I had also read a few positive reviews as well. My opinion on this book probably falls somewhere in between.


I will probably form a better opinion about this when I read the whole series. At this stage I think it has alot of potential.


Laurel was the same really. I am not sure if I like her yet. I feel like she has alot more character development to come.


I didn't really like David he was always trying too hard to impress Laurel.


I am intrigued by Tamani as he is probably the most under-developed character. I can tell he is going to be a main character in the forthcoming books.


I'm still not completely sold on the faerie/fairy genre although books like this are slowly winning me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment