Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Review #122 - The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival.


My Rating: 5/5

This is the second time I have read this book. I read it for the first time two years ago and can't believe I waited so long to re-read it. I decided to read it again so it would be fresh in my mind when I went and saw the movie (that's how long ago I read this). My review of the movie is here. I really loved the book as much as I did the first time I had read it.

Even though I was reading it again and so I knew what was going to happen I still found myself not being able to put the book down.

I really liked Katniss, she is probably my favourite female protagonist other than Hermione. I liked Gale and Peeta, and don't really prefer one over the other. Prim is also another of my favourite characters.

I will re-read and review Catching Fire and Mockingjay when it comes close to the movie adaptations of them being released.


No comments:

Post a Comment