Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading? #1



"It's Monday! What are you reading?" is a fun meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey. This is where we share the books we have read last week and our reading plans for this week


The books that I reviewed last week are:


Vampire Underground (Grisly High #1) by Brian Rowe;


The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness


I am currently reading:



Hourglass


One hour to rewrite the past . . .

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.


The book that I am planning on reading next is the sequel to Hourglass called Timepiece which I received from Netgalley.


I am behind on my reviews so books I will be reviewing this week are in the sidebar on the right under Upcoming Reviews.

4 comments:

  1. I received Timepiece from NetGalley too..have to pick up. Happy reading!

    Here is my meme: http://vidya-booksaremagic.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Knife of Never Letting Go is one I hope to get to very soon - I have heard such good things about the entire Chaos Walking series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get The Knife of Never Letting Go soon. And, also The DUFF looks good. I love the cover for Hourglass and it looks good from what you said about it also. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hourglass is on my wishlist. My favorite read last week was Amulet 4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete