Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Book Review #194 - Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

Eve and Adam

In the beginning, there was an apple.

And then there was a car crash, a horrible, debilitating injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's could regain consciousness, there was strange boy checking her out of the hospital and rushing her to Spiker Biopharmaceuticals, her mother’s research facility. Once there, Eve has to heal, and cope with an eerie isolation only interrupted by her overbearing mother, a strange group of doctors, and the mysterious boy who brought her there.

Just when Eve thinks she will die–not from her injuries, but boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, that is designed to teach human genetics, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up: eyes, hair, muscles, even a brain, and potential personality traits. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect... won’t he?
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I want to thank Hardie Grant Egmont Australia for sending me a copy of this book for review.
 
 
I wasn't sure if I would like this book as it sounded similar to The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson which was a book that I didn't particularly like. I liked this book alot more.
 
 
The biggest problem with this book was that it lacked depth. The characters developed slowly which made the second half of the book alot better than the first half.
 
 
I liked Solo alot more than Eve and wished that Solo's point of view was portrayed as strongly as Eve's.
 
 
The whole genetic aspect with Adam was not explored enough. Had the book been longer, this would have had more depth.


1 comment:

  1. I had the opposite reaction of you: I much preferred Eve to Solo and wish she had narrated the whole book (with detours to Adam). I also agree that this book needed more depth-I was not satisfied!

    ReplyDelete