Monday, October 22, 2012

Book Review #197: Part 2 of 7 - The Lion,the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia #1) by C.S. Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia
When Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy took their first steps into the world behind the magic wardrobe, little do they realise what adventures are about to unfold. And as the story of Narnia begins to unfold, so to does a classic tale that has enchanted readers of all ages for over half a century.
 
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
I feel really stupid for only reading this book for the first time now, as this is a book that I would have really enjoyed when I was a child.
 
 
I really like the whole concept of Narnia, although most of the descriptions of it are to do with the temperature and nothing else.
 
 
The characters don't have much depth to them, especially Aslan. I wanted to like him but I never understood what made him as great as depicted. 
 
 
There was no real need for the children, other than the mention of a prophecy. They did absolutely nothing in this book except be present.
 
 
Overall, I would have preferred to have liked this book more than what I did, but am interested enough to carry on with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment