Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Review #193 - January (Conspiracy 365 #1) by Gabrielle Lord




On New Year's Eve, 15-year-old Callum Ormond is chased down the street by a staggering, sick man with a deadly warning, "They killed your father. They'll kill you. You must survive the next 365 days". Hurled into a life on the run, with a price on his head, the fugitive is isolated and alone. Hunted by the law and ruthless criminals, Cal must somehow uncover the truth about his father's mysterious death and a history-changing secret.
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I had put off reading this series since I first heard about it because of the hype. It now has its own TV show here in Australia. I eventually caved in and decided to read it when I was gifted the first book.
 
 
This book is extremely fast paced, which makes it really unrealistic. How much can happen in five minutes?
 
 
An aspect of the book that I really enjoyed and have never seen before was the page numbers. They counted down, so that page 1 was the last page in the book.
 
 
The main problem I had with this book was that I found it hard to connect with the book. When anything happened to Callum, I didn't feel anything. I think this is because of the pacing of the book.
 
 
Overall, this was a very thrilling fast read and I am interested to see where it goes but I think it lacks depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment