Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Review #196 - Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver

Liesl & Po
Liesl lives in a tiny attic bedroom, locked away by her cruel stepmother. Her only friends are the shadows and the mice—until one night a ghost appears from the darkness. It is Po, who comes from the Other Side. Both Liesl and Po are lonely, but together they are less alone.

That same night, an alchemist’s apprentice, Will, bungles an important delivery. He accidentally switches a box containing the most powerful magic in the world with one containing something decidedly less remarkable.

Will’s mistake has tremendous consequences for Liesl and Po, and it draws the three of them together on an extraordinary journey.
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
This is the third Lauren Oliver book I have read, and although I didn't like this book as much as I had hoped to it won't be my last.
 
 
I really liked the pictures in the book, I thought they complimented the writing really well and added dimension to the story.
 
 
I found the book very slow paced to begin with and hence found it difficult to get invested in the story immediately.
 
 
I liked all of the characters especially Po, but I thought that they all lacked depth. They didn't have enough personality to distinguish them from one another.


2 comments:

  1. I just picked up this book this week-- I've heard it's slow paced but beautiful, definitely appreciated your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear you didn't like this book-it was one of my favorite reads from last year, absolutely magical! Hope your next read is better :)

    ReplyDelete