Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Book Review #208 - Happily Never After (The Grimm Chronicles #2) by Isabella Fontaine and Ken Brosky

Happily Never After
200 years ago, the Brothers Grimm unleashed their stories upon the world.

Literally.

Now the characters of the Grimms’ stories walk among us. With every day that passes, they grow more evil. They are the Corrupted, and only a hero can save them.

For 18-year-old Alice Goodenough, that means taking precious time off from her summer vacation. In addition to volunteering at the local library, Alice must stop the Corrupted who are now actively hunting her down. With the help of her magic pen and her trusty rabbit friend, the world has suddenly gotten a lot more complex. The Corrupted are everywhere, and only Alice can see them for what they truly are.
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I received this book for review from the author. The author's Goodreads page can be found here.
 
 
This book is the sequel to Prince Charming Must Die. I found that I didn't like this book as much as the first.
 
 
I found the protagonist Alice annoying at times, especially when she was whinging about her parents.
 
 
Briar the Rabbit is my favourite character, and he has the best lines. I enjoyed the chapter from his point of view.
 
 
This book involved alot more action than the first book which I enjoyed. I also liked the inclusion of sharks as they are my favourite animal.
 
 
This book was really unpredictable, and I was never able to guess where the story was going to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment