Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Review #198 - When It Happens by Suzane Colasanti

When It Happens
 
An off-the-wall love story told in two voices. Straight-laced Sara dreams of two things: getting into her first-choice university and finding true love. Rock-loving slacker Tobey also dreams of two things: winning Battle of the Bands – and winning Sara. He is determined to make her fall in love with him. Tobey's quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. But can a scruffy rock-star wannabe ever win the heart of a girl who’s both beautiful and brainy? Sara and Tobey's intense connection will have you rooting for them from the very minute they meet!
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
I received this book for review from Scholastic Australia.
 
 
Given that I don't normally like straight up romance novels, I liked this book more than I thought I would.
 
 
The characters were okay, there wasn't much depth to them and I only ever felt the connection between them when reading from Tobey's perspective.
 
 
There were no surprises in the book, I was always able to predict what was going to happen.
 
 
I really enjoyed the writing style, I thought that it really encapsulated the voices of both teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment