Friday, October 12, 2012

Book Review #202 - Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

Charlotte's Web
An affectionate pig named Wilbur befriends a spider named Charlotte, who lives in the rafters above his pen. In this story of friendship, hardship, and the passing on into time, White reminds readers to open their eyes to the wonder and miracle found in the simplest of things.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
This is the first time I had ever read this book. I was familar with parts of the story though prior to reading.
 
 
I would describe this book as the perfect book for children to read. I think that adults will enjoy it as well, but children will get the most enjoyment from it.
 
 
From the opening chapter I thought this book was going to be about Fern's life and her relationship with Wilbur. I soon understood it was more around Wilbur and Charlotte, but was mystified why Fern disappeared at the end.
 
 
I didn't like Wilbur all that much. He was too immature and whiny, and I know that he was only young but I found him really annoying.
 
 
I really liked the descriptive language used, especially used when describing the farm. It was really realistic and felt like you were there.
 
 
The ending was not what I was expecting, especially since this is a children's book but overall I really did enjoy reading it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment