Thursday, October 18, 2012

Book Review #206 - Freak by E.K. Henry

Freak
Being a lower-class human born into a world where vampires rule sucks. No matter how hard Juniper Rayne tries to fit in, she's labeled a freak. When her dad signs the family up to take part in a reality television show, Juniper hopes that it'll give her the edge she needs to shed her freak label.

Unfortunately for Juniper, vampires aren't that accepting.

She decides to take control of her life and become a vampire hunter, instead of continuing to live in her own personal hell any longer.

She will regain control or die trying.
 
 
My Rating: 3/5
 
 
I received this book for review from the author. The author's Goodreads page is here.
 
 
The biggest problem I had with this book was the lack of depth especially with the characters. I didn't like any of the characters either and I found Juniper irritating.
 
 
I found the plot really interesting especially when Juniper became a vampire hunter as that was when the book sped up.
 
 
The whole vampires ruling the world aspect was interesting, but I wished the author had added more detail with this. There was no real world building at all.
 
 
I'm not sure whether this book is the first in a series or not because it ended with a cliff hanger.


No comments:

Post a Comment