Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Review #210 - Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton

Jessie's just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her awful ex.

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
After the first chapter I didn't think I was going to like this book. The two teenage girls Jessie and Emma were every stereotype of teenage girls and I found them incredibly annoying. I found that once they landed in New York, I was able to overlook that fact.
 
 
The other main character Finn was likeable and the only genuine character in the whole book. His storyline, although predictable was entertaining.
 
 
The fact that this book is set in New York was the main reason why I decided to read this book as I have always wanted to visit there. This is the reason why I was able to connect with the characters even though I didn't particularly like them.
 
 
Although this book is filled with pop culture references and is heavily stereotyped, I found this book really enjoyable and a fun and light read.


No comments:

Post a Comment