Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading? #11

"It's Monday! What are you reading?" is a fun meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey. This is where we share the books we have read last week and our reading plans for this week.


 

The books that I reviewed last week are:
 
 
Saturday by Ian McEwan;
 
 
Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi;
 
 
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater;
 
 
Beautifully Broken (Spellbound #1) by Sherry Soule;
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
 
 
 
The book I am currently reading is: 
 
 
Liesl & Po
 
 
 
 
Liesl lives in a tiny attic bedroom, locked away by her cruel stepmother. Her only friends are the shadows and the mice—until one night a ghost appears from the darkness. It is Po, who comes from the Other Side. Both Liesl and Po are lonely, but together they are less alone.

That same night, an alchemist’s apprentice, Will, bungles an important delivery. He accidentally switches a box containing the most powerful magic in the world with one containing something decidedly less remarkable.

Will’s mistake has tremendous consequences for Liesl and Po, and it draws the three of them together on an extraordinary journey.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying Liesl and Po-it was one of my fave reads last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's on my wishlist. Happy reading.

    My favorite book this week was Dr. Seuss: The Cat Behind the Hat by Caroline W. Smith. Please come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover for Liesl and Po - pure magic! Thanks for the review of Raven Boys - it's the first I've read!

    You can check out my Monday here

    http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one McEwan and I was decidedly underwhelmed by it so have been put off trying any more... I can't believe how much I used to read when I was studying for my Lit BA and MA, now it's a case of a few pages after work, and between dinner and going to bed! So many books, so little time. Love the cover of your current read, children's books are often so much more magical. I could read Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy over and over again.
    http://barbara-wordswordswords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete