Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review #204 - Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year #1) by Trisha Leigh

Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)
In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots.


Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all, and she doesn’t need the mysterious note inside her locket to tell her she’s Something Else. It also warns her to trust no one, so she hides the pieces that make her different, even though it means being alone.

Then she meets Lucas, everything changes.

Althea and Lucas are immune to the alien mind control, and together they search for the reason why. What they uncover is a stunning truth the Others never anticipated, one with the potential to free the brainwashed human race.

It’s not who they are that makes them special, but what.

And what they are is a threat. One the Others are determined to eliminate for good.
 
 
My Rating: 5/5
 
 
I received this book for review from the author. The author's Goodreads page is here.
 
 
I read this book in one sitting, which is something I have only done once previously. Once I started this book I was not able to stop.
 
 
I didn't know anything about this book prior to reading, not even the synopsis and thought that it was set further into the future that 2015.
 
 
I really liked Althea and liked how you are in her world immediately without any introductions. I also liked her relationship with Lucas because they bonded over time and not instantly like in most young adult novels.
 
 
I am really interested in where this series is going especially finding out the possibilities of Althea and Lucas's powers.



No comments:

Post a Comment