Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Review #207 - Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini

Starcrossed
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is--now it's getting harder. She's having nightmares of a desperate desert journey, visions of three women weeping tears of blood. And why is she possessed by the sudden, unstoppable urge to kill the handsome new boy in school, Lucas Delos?

A love written in the stars . . .

A feud started in ancient Greece . . .

A curse not even the gods can break.
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I read alot of mixed reviews about this book with people tending to either love or hate it. Whilst I can see where the negative reviews are coming from - mainly because it does resemble Twilight to a degree, I was able to look past this fact and enjoy the book for what it was.
 
 
Helen was a really enjoyable protagonist and one that I found I could really relate to and I connected with her almost instantly.
 
 
The mythology aspect was great, although at times I thought it was vague and would have liked more depth.
 
 
I really liked the amount of action this book had, it really made up its really slow pace.
 
 
I had mixed feelings about the romance between Helen and Lucas. I really liked the connection between them, but I never really connected with Lucas.
 
 
The ending felt rushed and at times didn't make much sense but I still intend to read the next book in the series which I have on my TBR.


1 comment:

  1. I found this book so readable which is what I liked about it. I think it's almost 500 pages and yet they flew by!

    ReplyDelete