Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book Haul (16 June 2012) 17 Books

Books I got this week are:



From the Library:

1. Tamlyn (Silvermay #2) by James Moloney



Books I bought part 1:

2. The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini;
3. The Elegance of the the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery;
4. Golden (Golden #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes;
5. The Giver by Lois Lowry;
6. Runaway (Airhead #3) by Meg Cabot;
7. Airhead (Airhead #1) by Meg Cabot;




Books I bought part 2:

8. Lord of the Flies by William Golding;
9. A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 1 of 2) by George R.R. Martin;
10. Choices by Dianne Wolfer;
11. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak;
12. The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles #4) by Chris d'Lacey


Books I received for Review:


From Netgalley:


Monster in My ClosetMonster in my Closet by R.L. Naquin


I stopped believing in monsters long ago. But I knew I wasn’t imagining things when I found one in my kitchen baking muffins. I’d seen him before: lurking in my closet, scaring the crap out of my five-year-old self. Turns out that was a misunderstanding, and now Maurice needs a place to stay. How could I say no?


After all, I’ve always been a magnet for the emotionally needy, and not just in my work as a wedding planner. Being able to sense the feelings of others can be a major pain. Don’t get me wrong, I like helping people—and non-people. But this ability has turned me into a gourmet feast for an incubus, a demon that feeds off emotional energy. Now, brides are dropping dead all over town, and my home has become a safe house for the supernatural. I must learn to focus my powers and defeat the demon before he snacks on another innocent woman and comes looking for the main course…




From Hardie Grant Egmont I received:



Of Poseidon


Galen is strong, protective and gorgeous, with striking violet eyes and a body to make you shiver - and that's just when he's in human form. He's from the House of Triton, god of the sea, and he's searching for a girl with the gift of Poseidon to save his brother from marrying a fraud. Emma is a human. Or so she thinks. When Emma meets Galen on the beach, they both sense a sizzling chemistry. But can Galen convince her that she holds the key to his kingdom - without letting on that he's falling for her?



and





Sadie Nathanson spends her life trying to survive the excruciating embarrassment of simply existing. It’s hard enough being a bit of a shrinking violet within a loud and outspoken extended family, but the unexpected card from ‘Dad’ on her 15th birthday is the last straw.


As ‘Dad’ was an Internet sperm-donor, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that this is a bad joke, probably set up by her ex-best-friend Shonna. But it starts Sadie wondering – just who was her father? Is he the cause of her worry crinkle and wonky bum? What would happen if she tracked him down?


So she decides to do just that. With help from her nerd cousin Billy, his friend Nodding Tony and a regular dose of ‘Haironomics’ (Sadie’s own hairstyle-related philosophy system), they uncover a lot more than they bargain for...



From Authors, for review I received:
16. Tiberius Found by Andrew Goodman;
17. Blood of the Revenant by N.R. Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment