Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Book Review #151 - Of Poseidon (Syrena Legacy #1) by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon

Galen is strong, protective and gorgeous, with striking violet eyes and a body to make you shiver - and that's just when he's in human form. He's from the House of Triton, god of the sea, and he's searching for a girl with the gift of Poseidon to save his brother from marrying a fraud. Emma is a human. Or so she thinks. When Emma meets Galen on the beach, they both sense a sizzling chemistry. But can Galen convince her that she holds the key to his kingdom - without letting on that he's falling for her?



My Rating: 5/5



I want to thank Hardie Grant Egmont Australia for sending me a copy of this book for review.


From the very first page when I read the witty dialogue between Emma and Chloe I knew I was going to love this book. Then, a very shocking plot twist just 17 pages in really sealed the deal for me. From that moment on I was unable to put the book down.


I really liked the alternate point of view chapters of Emma and Galen as it showed a broader range of perspective. The chemistry between them was evident from their first meeting.


What surprised me most about this book was how funny it was. It had a perfect mixture of humour and romance.


The mythology aspect was great. My only knowledge of Poseidon is based upon the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series so I was glad that it wasn't over complicated. In fact, the mythology part is barely part of the book at all as it focuses more on the Syrena/Mermaids aspect.


The huge cliffhanger at the end I predicted about 20 pages from the end, which is good because usually if I predict the ending I predict it early on and it ruins the rest of the book.


I am very excited to read the next book in the series titled Of Triton which will be published in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Of Poseidon is fast paced and has a ton of action. There are a couple different subplots mixed in with the main plot which makes for a super interesting story. Like I said, I couldn't put it down; I wanted to find out what was going to happen. The book is well written and is a great teen read, even if you are not super into mermaids. This is the first mermaid book I have read, at least that I remember, and I loved it. I will definitely read the next book; I can't believe I have to wait until like forever, for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete