Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review #149 - The Brotherhood of Piaxia by Michael Drakich

The Brotherhood Of Piaxia

Years have passed since the overthrow of the monarchy by the Brotherhood of Warlocks and they rule Piaxia in peaceful accord. But now forces are at work to disrupt this rule from outside the Brotherhood as well as within! Follow Tarlok, Savan and Tessia as their paths intertwine, with the Brotherhood in pursuit and the powerful merchant’s guild manipulating the populace for their own end.


My Rating: 3/5


I got this book for review from the author. The author's Goodreads page is here.


This is the first High Fantasy book I have read. I am kind of intimidated by this genre.


Tarlok was by far my favourite character. I would probably have liked this book more had the entire book been from his perspective. The other characters in the book failed to engage me.


The story was great, I found myself very immersed in the world, although there were no real surprises throughout.


I found this book to be a little slow paced although I thought it really flowed well. I really liked the short chapters.


I also liked how much detail there was in a book of only 200 pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment