Thursday, June 7, 2012

Book Review #144 - Timepiece (Hourglass #2) by Myra McEntire

Timepiece: An Hourglass Novel


A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...


Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?



Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devestating results.



Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...



The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.


My Rating: 4/5


I received this book for review from Netgalley.


Having read and really loving the first book in this series I had very high expectations from this book. It definitely met them.


The cover of this book is again amazing. I'm not sure whether I liked this cover more than the cover of Hourglass.


Because Emerson was one of the main things I liked about Hourglass I wasn't sure how I would like a new protagonist in Kaleb.


Kaleb was an okay protagonist. I didn't feel as connected to him as I did with Emerson in the first book. He was likeable and everything I just felt something missing.


Lily, I have no idea why but she really annoyed me throughout the book. I didn't see any qualities in her that I liked.


I wished Emerson and Michael were in this book a bit more and I was hoping that Emerson's brother and his wife would have had their baby.


The plot in this book was alot better than in the first. It was more developed and had alot more quality to it.


Overall this was a really great, enjoyable read it just wasn't as good as the first one.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you'd feel about Kaleb! I didn't really like him either (probably because of his drinking problem, which wasn't really dealt with but which sounded pretty serious to me as well as his disgusting womanizing ways).

    ReplyDelete